BAT is recruiting for an experienced Quality Inspector.
Candidate must possess a Minimum OND in Science Field with Chemistry, Mathematics or Statistics as a major study area.
The candidate will ensure Quality measurements are taken, analysed, trended and reported so that accurate and relevant Quality data can be issued to Customers and Management. Also, to develop, implement and maintain work instructions, test methods and calibration in compliance with ISO 9001 – 2000.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* Has knowledge required doing assigned audits and tasks within functional area
* May have advanced specialty education and training, and / or on-the-job experience
* Calibrate all equipment daily before use and document appropriately.
* Sample materials and products from the production processes in line with relevant protocols::
* Carry out visual and physical quality measurement in line with relevant protocols.
* Check, Validate and Record all relevant data.
* Report Non-conformance / faults found, in line with relevant protocol.
* Able to plan, organise and deliver results in time to meet deadline
* Passion for excellence and adherence to standards.
* Ensure compliance with British American Tobacco EHS guidelines for all QA activities.
* Maintain at all times, a clean, tidy and safe working environment.
* Comply with all EHS guidelines and procedures for quality function.
* Ensure that set departmental and company objectives are adhered to.
* Interact with other departments in relation to equipment repairs / work orders and quality feedback & training as regards BAT QMS.
* Able to communicate timely feedback in a constructive & simple manner.
* Be proactively involved in continuous improvement initiatives drive for change in all process in and around the manufacturing settings.
Deadline is 3rd September 2009.